These quantum dots are supposed to be switchable (Mn-doped ZnSe quantum dot). Just got the first batch. Under room light the color of solution is yellow (not sure if the color is from fluorescence though). Will perform more purification and characterizations in the coming days. There are a few things that could have been done better during the experiment. Hope this works, as we could use the product not only for QSTORM, but also for potential uses in human: these dots don’t have the toxic cadminum!
Updates from the Field: Recent Posts and Data
- Nobel Prize for Super-Resolution Imaging
- “Seeing the Invisible”
- NSF News features Jessica’s iTunes Podcast
- Ge presents at IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Conference
- Peter reveals his microscopy secrets in a Museum podcast
- Making QSTORM more accessible to visitors who are deaf & hard-of-hearing
- An interview with Jessica about becoming a nanotech entrepreneur
- Farewell and Thanks!
- News from Georgia – a QSTORM baby!
- News from Gang and Ge
View by Date
View by Lab