These quantum dots are supposed to be switchable (Mn-doped ZnSe quantum dot). Just got the first batch. Under room light the color of solution is yellow (not sure if the color is from fluorescence though). Will perform more purification and characterizations in the coming days. There are a few things that could have been done better during the experiment. Hope this works, as we could use the product not only for QSTORM, but also for potential uses in human: these dots don’t have the toxic cadminum!
Updates from the Field: Recent Posts and Data
- QSTORM at Diamondpalooza!
- QSTORM in the Afterlife
- Jessica is awarded a AAAS Fellowship
- Jessica presents at TEDx Columbus
- Nobel Prize for Super-Resolution Imaging
- “Seeing the Invisible”
- NSF News features Jessica’s iTunes Podcast
- Ge presents at IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Conference
- Peter reveals his microscopy secrets in a Museum podcast
- Making QSTORM more accessible to visitors who are deaf & hard-of-hearing
View by Date
View by Lab