Updates from the Field: Recent Posts and Data
- NSF News features Jessica’s iTunes Podcast
- Peter reveals his microscopy secrets in a Museum podcast
- Making QSTORM more accessible to visitors who are deaf & hard-of-hearing
- An interview with Jessica about becoming a nanotech entrepreneur
- Farewell and Thanks!
- News from Georgia – a QSTORM baby!
- News from Gang and Ge
- How do you say QSTORM in Mandarin?
- Museum visitors like hearing about the QSTORM quest!
- Carbon nanotubes illuminate high-resolution sub-cellular microscopy
View by Date
View by Lab
Monthly Archives: June 2011
Cally and Julia did some more TEM imaging this afternoon. This image is from part of the tail that did not have qdots injected, but it was difficult to get good images of that part of the sample. It does more »
June 30, 2011: Hi Beth, We are using Alexa 488 right now to stain collagen. Do you want us to order more antibodies and switch (making the muscle Alexa 488 and the collagen Alexa 561)? -Julia
June 30, 2011: Hi Julia — please find out whether Alexa 488 is available as a label on our secondary antibodies. This would be best for imaging fish in Peter Kner’s lab. Also — can you tell how thick the more »
Julia collected this TEM image of muscle with qdots microinjected. We do not know whether the black dots are qdots or not. The black dots may come from the stain. We will collect some control images of tissue without qdots more »
Hi Peter — To answer your question from our phone conversation, the fluorophore label on our secondary antibody is an Alexa 568 dye. http://products.invitrogen.com/ivgn/product/A21144?ICID=search-a21144 We can use a different label if that would be better for the lasers that you more »
Hi Ge — To follow up on what I said on the phone today, we tried mixing the micelle coated qdots with Texas Red dye, and could not image the qdots (but could image the Texas Red). When we imaged more »
These quantum dots are supposed to be switchable (Mn-doped ZnSe quantum dot). Just got the first batch. Under room light the color of solution is yellow (not sure if the color is from fluorescence though). Will perform more purification and more »